Heaps gives you the flexibility to send your cryptocurrency to an external wallet address. For security purposes, your crypto will be available to send to an external wallet 10 days after the initial date you deposited funds to place the transaction.
Learning how to use your own wallet and send your crypto can provide increased security and control of your funds, but if you're not comfortable setting up a wallet, take your time and do your research. Keep in mind that sending your crypto to your own wallet means you could lose the private keys that lets you access your crypto—and with it, all your holdings.
Sending crypto to an external wallet
- From My account, click Transfers
- Click Send crypto
- Select the crypto asset you'd like to send by clicking the dropdown
- Click Add a new wallet address to add a wallet address to your account, or select an existing wallet address from the dropdown (NOTE: for security purposes, it takes 48 hours to send to a new wallet address)
- Enter the amount of crypto you'd like to send and click Continue
- Make sure all details are correct, and click Send now
Final steps to authorize your crypto transfer
- You will be prompted to confirm your crypto transfer with two-step verification via SMS
- Before completing your crypto transfer, you will also receive an email from Prime Trust directly to authorize the transaction. This ensures that Heaps can never move your crypto without your permission. The email will contain a link to Prime Trust's website at primetrust.com, where you will confirm the transfer. You have 24 hours to confirm your transfer.
- Once confirmed, allow up to 30 minutes for the transfer to complete on the blockchain. We do not currently support weekend transfers but are building it into our product soon. If you have initiated and confirmed the transfer on a weekend, it will be processed on the next business day.