What is Crypto Payroll?
Crypto payroll enables eligible users to automatically convert a portion of every paycheck into crypto through Heaps. Eligible users can determine if their paycheck is directly converted into Bitcoin, Ethereum, or deposited into their Heaps account as cash to be applied towards any available crypto asset on the platform.
What are the benefits?
- Direct deposit from your paycheck
- A little or a lot, it's up to you
- Set up in minutes
- Fees at just 0.49% per transaction
Am I eligible for Crypto Payroll?
If you reside in the US, you may be eligible for Crypto Payroll. Just head to Heaps > My account > Crypto payroll for more information.
Note: Hawaii, New York, South Dakota, Texas, Connecticut and North Carolina residents are not eligible at this time.
How do I get started with Crypto Payroll on Heaps?
Get started by selecting Crypto payroll in your account settings and selecting Setup instructions.
Sign in to your payroll provider. Head over to your employer’s payroll provider and sign in to your online account. To set up crypto payroll, you’ll need to add a new direct deposit account.
- We’ve included instructions to make things easy – just select your payroll provider from the dropdown list provided.
- Add new direct deposit account. Using the Heaps account and routing information provided, add a new direct deposit account within your payroll provider.
- Select your cryptocurrency. This is what we'll convert from your paycheck into your Heaps account. Select from Bitcoin, Ethereum, or Cash (FDIC Insured).
Set your paycheck allocation. Once you’ve entered your Heaps account information, configure the amount you’d like to allocate to Heaps from each paycheck. Most payroll providers allow you to split your direct deposit by choosing a dollar amount (e.g. $100) or a percentage (e.g. 5%).
- As an example, let’s say your paycheck is $2,000. Setting your allocation to 5% means that Heaps will automatically convert $100 from every paycheck into crypto on payday.
Get paid in crypto! Every payday, your paycheck allocation will automatically convert to your pre-selected crypto asset and be added to your Heaps wallet! It's that easy.
- Note: If you've selected cash, your paycheck allocation will be added to your Heaps wallet as a cash balance that can be used to buy crypto.
How do I change or cancel my allocation?
You can change or cancel your allocation by signing into your payroll provider and adjusting your direct deposit account settings.
When will my paycheck be deposited into Heaps?
You’ll be able to see the direct deposit funds once your paycheck has been deposited and accepted by our bank partner, Cross River Bank. Note that this process can take 3-5 business days from the day that your paycheck was processed by your employer.